The iBwave design engineer is responsible for designing in-building and outdoor wireless systems for the purpose of enhancing RF coverage or capacity of Cellular and Public Safety networks. This includes detailed design using OEM DAS and small cells, propagation modeling and analysis, BOM, report generation and technical support.
- Engineer system solutions based on wireless carriers RF design criteria.Use iBwave and other design tools to develop detailed system designs. Including development of schematics, propagation model, floor plans and BOM
- Create system documentation (block diagrams, riser diagrams, floor plans with cable/antenna overlays, system manuals)
- Work with Wireless Service Providers and end-customers.
- Support Field engineering and sales as required
- Develop and write the technical content for proposals and RFP responses.
- Able to travel – 10% of time
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of in-building DAS design experience using the iBwave design tools. Level 3 iBwave certification is a plus.
- Experience maintaining iBwave component database and build new component models for new parts.
- Experience with OEM equipment- Commscope, JMA, Corning, Solid, ADRF as well as others.
- Good understanding of RF propagation and RF principles
- Must be familiar with wireless technologies CDMA, EVDO, GSM, CDMA, UMTS, W-CDMA and LTE
- Familiarity with T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T in-building requirements.
- Experience with implementing in-building systems for both Public Safety and Cellular industry. Experience in WIFI design is a plus.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiar with AutoCAD software.
- Familiar with RF benchmarking equipment and post processing software.
- Must be disciplined to work independently and effectively in an office or home environment.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally.
- Able to set priorities and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
Apply now! Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.